Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013


Welcome to the new year and new beginnings!

Go to this page to sign up and weigh in.  It's free!  Share your weight loss goals and what your diet and exercise plans are for the year.  The purpose of this program is for people to help and encourage each other to get fit.  Come back on the first of each month and let me know how you're doing on the monthly page.  Share what's working for you and what isn't.  Chances are, somebody else is going through the exact same thing and may have some helpful advice.

I don't care if ONE person or 100 people sign up, I am here to encourage everyone to take control of their lives and their diet.  Want to lose 10 pounds?  25 pounds?  80 pounds?  Do you want to walk around the block, jog a mile, or 5 miles?   Is successfully doing 10 push ups your goal?  Want to do sit ups, ride a bike, hike a trail?  You will make my day when you come back and tell me you reached any of your goals. Just imagine how happy you will be for yourself if you reach your goals?  Don't wait any longer.  Don't put it off another day.  Make the commitment to yourself to get in shape.

One last thing, everyone is free to join in at any time during the year.  You don't have to sign up on day one.  Jump on our bandwagon at any time during the year.

As always, be sure to consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.  Get a professionals advice on what is the best course of action for you.  Don't attempt anything that may cause injury.

Are you ready?  Let's make 2013 the year to get fit!

Tony isn't a licensed nutritionist yet, so he can't give anyone advice on what  to do.  Please consult your doctor for his professional opinion on a diet/nutrition program that will work for you.

Tony's blog is a journal of his experiences and what has worked for him.   He lists general guidelines and suggestions only.  He is NOT a professional.

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tony, I have been reading your blog for quite a while now. My exercise is much more consistent, I still need to work on the loss. Thanks for the encouragement and the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie: I'm glad to hear you're exercise is now consistent. Keep up the good work. Come back on the first of each month and check in with a progress report. See the TAB above that says 2013 Diet Progress and check in there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and Late Christmas Tony. You're quite a inspiration to me, we both had the same life . . being fat. We both know how it felt but now you tried your best and you've now reached your goal. I'm having trouble trying to lose weight (Fat) as i hear people talking about different ways to lose weight than other saying its bad. I need a experience person like you to tell me! What did you do to start losing all your Fat and get all Muscular.
    I'm 184 Pounds, 5 Feet 6 Inches Tall. And 15 Years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a licensed dietitian yet, so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but you can look at my quick links TAB at the top of the page to see what has worked for me. Don't forget to visit your doctor for professional advice on a program for you.

    Try cutting out junk food and soda to start. Aim to lose 1-2 pounds per week. I also did a lot of walking for exercise.

    Good luck and come back and let us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already taken out Junk Food (and those drive thrus) and soda since two months. I have walk a couple days but didn't saw no results in a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In order to lose weight you must use more calories each day than what you take in. If you're having a caloric deficit each day plus working out and you're still not losing weight, I urge you to visit your doctor to get some expert advice.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I check some site about the BMR(if thats the name)about how much Calories you burn a day, i got 1942. If i eat 1500 Calories and exercise to lose 300 calories, i lose 742 Calories a day? I lose 3710 calories which is a pound but than in the weekends that the problem for me. If i exercise in the weekends its bad as I'm not letting my body heal/rest. And if i eat normally like 2000 calories in Saturday and Sunday don't i gain weight now?

    Also, i want to work on my chest. Do we need to use those Weights to work on our chest? Is their any exercise that is for the chest but doesn't use any of those Gears, Weights things. I hope you know on what i mean by that question, just using your body noting else like gear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could try eating a little less calorie wise on the weekends if you're not going to exercise. You may want to eat more fruits and veggies which will have less caloric amounts than say, pizza. Or have a weekday exercise rest day so you can exercise one day on the weekend. You'll kind of have to play around with it to see what works for you.

    Go on the side bar of my blog and in the SEARCH box type in CHEST. Some info will come up there. You can also search on the internet for weightless chest exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a other random question.
    Won't it be tired just to eat Veggies and fruits every day? Like can you at least eat ice cream or a junk food one time a month, just to lose the appetite of eating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zombie: go to the side bar search area and do a search on Cheat Meals. I did a couple of posts about that. I have a cheat meal every once in awhile. :-)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!