Monday, September 2, 2013

My Moms 5K Update



My mom is working on her 5k running program.  Let's check in with her and see how she's doing....

If you remember, I'm on a mission to run 5K.  Not an actual race, I just want to be able to do it.  I talked about my high cholesterol and my start of the 5K program here.

So here's my progress since my last check in..... 

WEEK 5 

Day 1 

32 min.  2.11 miles   173 calories 

2 -5 min and 1- 6 min. run.  OMG – dying by the 2nd 5 min.  Cut it one minute short.  Breathing very heavy.
  
 DAY 2 

36 min.  2.37 miles  202 calories 

2 – 5 min runs and 1 – 8 min. run.  I did much better today and ran the entire required time.

LEFT TO GO OUT OF TOWN... 

Day 3 

31 min.   1.92 miles    160 calories 

2 – 8 minute runs and 1 – 5 minute run.   Half way thru the 2nd 8 min. run I had to slow down and walk for  1 min.  Then went back to running.  OMG – heavy breathing  at the end.  10 days off really hurt me. 

Ok, we were out of town for 10 days after I did day 2 of the program this week.   I didn't run at all the entire time we were gone.  When we got back home I tried to jump right back on the program for day 3 and I was whipped.  Wow.  That time off really hurt me. 

I spent this past week re-doing week 5 of the program to get back on track. 

On the food front, I am doing really good as far as eating a lot more fruit.  I'm having watermelon every day.  I'm also having a yogurt and fruit smoothie almost every day.  My fruit intake has really improved.  

I'm looking forward to getting back on track with week 6 of my 5K program. 

Have a great and safe holiday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!