Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 45 Progress

Week 45 - Wow!!  How is everyone doing?

I was asked by a long time reader about my exercise routine.  This reader has so far lost almost 40 pounds by changing up his diet and eating in a more healthy manner.  He hasn't started exercising yet and he wasn't really sure what was holding him back.  That's a good question.  Is anyone else struggling with exercise?  This is a common problem for a lot of reasons.

Honestly, some people just don't know what to do or what to try first.  That was my biggest problem when I began my weight loss journey.  So I started with the easiest thing I could think of - simply walking.  I went on long walks - everyday.  That's it - just walked.  Then I increased how far I walked.  Once I lost a couple of pounds by changing my diet, I started to jog a little.  Just a block or 2 at a time and then I'd continue walking.  Then I started using a treadmill and tried increasing the incline.  The higher the incline, the more calories I'd burn.  I took my time because I didn't want to injure myself.  So walking is a great way to start.

Some people like to join a yoga class or an exercise class.  How about a dance class?  Hip hop?  If you don't feel comfortable going out to a class with other people, then check out your television or u-tube.  There are tons of different exercise shows and a lot of them will explain how to do certain exercises and what the benefits of each exercise will be.  Start slow - do 10 minutes a day and work up to 30 minutes.

How about hiking, or biking?  Tennis, golf, racquetball?  Think about what you like to do and if you're physically able, then give it a try.  As always, consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program.  But it is a well known fact that exercise and activity will help to burn calories and in combination with watching what you eat, it helps to lose weight faster in most cases.

If anyone is beginning an exercise program, I'd like to hear about it.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!