I know we've talked about this before, but I thought I'd list a few more tips and ideas for watching what you eat during the holidays.
- Chew gum - preferably sugarless gum.
- Drink a smoothie with flax one hour before you leave for the party.
- Drink sparkling water, not soda.
- Eat more of the veggies and fruit. Other good choices are whole grains and low fat dairy products.
- Don't totally deny yourself. Take something and nibble on it or take one or two small bites. This way you indulge your craving but don't feel guilty. Pay attention to what you're eating and enjoy the taste of the food.
- Cut down on alcohol, which is usually loaded with calories
- Do not skip meals - otherwise you'll get to the party and stuff your face because you're starving.
- Eat until you're full and then stop. Don't over eat.
- After the holidays try to return to your regular exercise and eating habits.
You still have a week and a half until Thanksgiving. Stick to your diet schedule and step up your exercise a little until the holiday.
See you next week.