Monday, December 30, 2013

A Year in Review 2013


Well, this is our final Monday morning check in for 2013.  Do you remember, way back on January 1, 2013, when I posted Welcome to 2013?    That was the post that started a solid year of weekly Monday weigh-ins and a place for you to keep track of your diet and nutrition progress.  Let's give a big round of applause to everyone who joined the program.

I have had a record number of visits this year as well as letters of encouragement and thanks from more people than I can count.  I hope I've inspired people to improve their diet and exercise programs.  2014 is just around the corner and the 1st of the year is the perfect time to start anew.

On a personal note, I have some exciting news to share with all of you.  If you remember, at one time I was overweight and out of shape myself.  You can go back and read my initial story here.   When I was a junior in high school I went to prom with a girl that I badly wanted to date.  By the time of our senior prom, we were an official couple.  Well, I recently asked this woman to become my wife and she said yes!!  I couldn't be happier.

All I know is that taking control of my diet and nutrition issues has changed my life.  I am so much healthier.  My weight has been normal for 2 years.  My cholesterol is normal.  I work out daily and my self esteem has soared.  I'm a little over a year away from completing my degree in Dietetics and when I'm done I hope to consul other people who are struggling with the same weight issues that I once had.  I can relate to them and I hope I can steer them onto a healthier path.

I feel blessed as I head into 2014.  Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading about my journey.  I appreciate all the letters and comments you leave.  We are only days away from a new year.  What choices and changes are you going to make in 2014?

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Best Wishes Tony to you and your future wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your engagement, Tony!

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful, Bonnie! I am all for people using whatever tool is best in helping them to meal plan. So happy to hear you've found the one that works for you and keeps you on track throughout the week. Love the fact you can have easy access to your meal plan wherever you go - great idea! Thanks for taking the time to share your method. Blessings Nutrition

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!