I wanted to stop by and give you a few more tips on avoiding weight gain during the holidays. I know its hard to control your eating and its difficult to pass up all that great looking food. So here are a few more tips....
- When at the food tables, eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Try using a smaller plate. It fills up quicker, doesn't it?
- Stay away from alcohol. Not only is it full of empty calories, but it lowers your resistance to saying no to foods you need to stay away from.
- Eat lightly the day of the party so you're not starving when you get there.
- Squeeze in an extra work out the day of the party to burn calories.
- Try Greek yogurt and fruit just before you leave for the party.
- Take a few small bites of your indulgent food and leave the rest on your plate.
- Talk, more than you eat.
- Drink plenty of water.
Don't beat yourself up if you slip up once or twice. Just get back on your maintenance program the next day and do a little extra exercise.
Have fun and be safe this holiday season.