Monday, December 16, 2013

Starting a Walking Program


Did you know that walking is one of the easiest ways ways to get fit?  Not only that, it doesn't cost anything! Walking is a fantastic way to


  • reduce stress
  • get fit
  • lose weight
First, be sure that you have been cleared by your doctor before you begin.

Block out a set time, 3-4 days per week.  Start slow and aim for 15 minutes of brisk walking. You don't have to run, or jog.  Just walk quickly.  Be sure to swing your arms a little too.  Each day add a few more minutes to your overall time until you can build it up to 60 minutes.

Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.  Dress for the weather.  Take along a water bottle and stay hydrated.  

It doesn't hurt to keep track of your progress in a small notebook.  If you want, ask a friend to join you.

If you're trying to lose weight, it may help to cut 300 calories per day from your diet.  That, in addition to the extra calories you're burning by walking, should help you to lose a little weight.

The new year is right around the corner.  Are you planning any diet or fitness programs?

Don't forget to view my videos, which can be accessed at the top of the page on the VIDEO TAB.

See you next week.

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I have discovered that if I take longs walks that it really helps my appetite and I am not eating during the walk. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a new workout program and it is going great so far. I used to do a lot of heavy lifting but now I am doing a lot more cardio. I decided to learn about Fitness Blowout before picking one workout to stick to. I really wanted to make sure I found the perfect plan that was aimed toward my body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk is very easiest and effective exercise to be fit but problem is it;s show result very slowly. That's why with daily walk i joined Joe Stoker Fitness and they are helping me to get my goal. http://www.joestokerfitness.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!