Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Exercise Routine



So, did everyone have a good holiday season?  I know I did.  But now it's time to buckle down.  The beginning of the year is a perfect time to evaluate your diet and nutrition program and make some adjustments.  I don't like to say "resolutions."  I like to refer to it as a healthier eating plan for life.

Now's the time to back off on soda, candy, sweets, and fried food.

Start adding more of the following to your everyday meals:

Lots of water
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Whole grains
Lean proteins

Start out by making small changes to your diet.  And let's not forget about exercise.  Clear it with your doctor and then start adding some daily activities like walking, running, weight lifting or swimming.  Again, start slow and gradually build up to longer times.  Try to do some form of exercise everyday.

I start back to school this week and I'm getting excited about some of the nutrition classes I'll be taking this semester.  Learning about nutrition and the foods we fuel our bodies with is an important step in understanding how to eat for the best results possible.

If you're new to my blog - welcome.  Check out my TAB at the top of the page that says "My Story" and learn how I lost 85 pounds and changed my life.  I'm now going on 3 years of maintaining my new weight and much happier lifestyle.  You also might want to check out my "Video's" TAB at the top of the page to get some extra information from my free videos.

Have a good week and remember, let's make some positive changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!