Sunday, January 12, 2014

Planking



How is everyone doing with their "New Year's Resolutions"  new eating for life?   I'm proud to say that my sister has jumped on the fitness bandwagon and has started the Couch to 5K Program in addition to eating much healthier meals.  She's lost 2 pounds in her first week.  Way to go sis!

My mom discovered a new exercise for her - planking.  Have any of you done it?  This exercise is more difficult than you'd think and it benefits many different parts of the body.  For a really good explanation you can check out this page.    Give it a try and let me know what you think of it.  Mom mom did 56 seconds on her first try!

See you next week.


4 comments:

  1. So THAT'S what planking is! I'd always wondered. No surprise about your mom -- she is a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she will get a kick out of you saying that!

      Delete
  2. 56 seconds?!?! Your mom does rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's working on it and is up to 90 seconds.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!