Monday, February 3, 2014

How to Read a Food Label

Do you know how to read food labels?  Do you take the time to read a food label?  Just because a package says "Natural" or "Good for you" or "Healthy" doesn't always mean that it is.  So educate yourself on what exactly is in that package of food you're eating.

For a good example of label information, check out this link.  You will learn about...


  • serving size - most important
  • fats
  • sodium
  • fiber
  • cholesterol
  • calories
  • sugar
I was asked by several people this week about what to eat to lose weight.  Remember, first of all, you must use up more calories than what you take in.  Concentrate on fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains. Check out my video about Foods to eat to lose weight, which you will find under the VIDEO TAB at the top of the page.

You can also look here to read my past post about the things that I typically eat. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi tony I am French and I have seen your videos on youtube, I think you're really brave, you are an example for me because I have a little weight to lose and when I see the result of your work, it gives me trust to get to my goal.
    Thank you for everything and sorry if there are mistakes in my text I try also improved in English :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you VERY much. I appreciate you taking the time to come by and tell me. Good luck and let me know how you're doing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!