Monday, March 17, 2014

Boost Your Metabolism


Did you know that there are ways to help boost your metabolism?  If you speed up your metabolism, you help your body convert calories from food into fuel.

Eat good snacks - like carrots, melons and grapes.  If you deprive your body of too many calories, it goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down.  So eat small portions of these foods throughout the day.

Take vitamins -  the B vitamins can boost energy and thus raise your metabolism.

Most people think that being on a diet means they have to starve themselves   Not so!  Try eating more frequently, just be sure to choose healthy foods in moderation.

For more information on boosting your metabolism, check out this Livestrong website.  I also did a post about it here.

What form of exercise are you going to do this week?

Don't forget to check out my video's, which you can access thru the VIDEO TAB at the top of the page.  See you next week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tony...I've started doing the 15 Minute Men's Health Program...lovin' it! Resistence, HIIT, and core. 15 minutes of non stop is doable in the morning...and starts my metabolic engine first thing! Enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is great. Would you come back and keep me posted on your progress?? Do you have a link to the program you are doing?

      Delete
    2. I'd be glad to! I'll locate a link and post it to you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tony...I've started doing the 15 Minute Men's Health Program...lovin' it! Resistence, HIIT, and core. 15 minutes of non stop is doable in the morning...and starts my metabolic engine first thing! Enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!