Monday, April 7, 2014

How to Measure your BMI


Do you know what your BMI is?  Do you know WHAT BMI is?

BMI stands for Body Mass Index and is the measure of body fat based on your height and weight.  Maintaining a healthy weight is important for your overall health and can help you to control and prevent some diseases.  The higher your BMI is, then the higher your risk can be for certain diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, and gallstones.

A BMI indicator does have its limitations because it can overestimate body fat in athletes and those with a muscular build or underestimate body fat in those who have lost muscle or are older.  But you may want to take a look at it, just to get an indicator of approximately where you're at.  If your BMI is in the high or low range, then it might not be a bad idea to check with your doctor so he can evaluate where you're at and make suggestions.

Here's a link to a site where you can compute your BMI and read some more about it.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Tony. I was brought to your blog from Youtube.com and I am impressed. I have started a blog too but I am just starting out with my journey. I was wondering if you wanted to come to it and you know encourage me and maybe give some tips once in a while. I can sure use more friends. I hope I see you there. By the way I will come here to see if you replied thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Benjamin. I am also a fan of this blog. Tony is an inspiration for all the obese people. I have been regularly following his blog. I've got a suggestion for you. I discovered a website named Offyaglutes. I am really impressed with their fitness programs and fitness therapies. I think you should visit this site once.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ben:

      Can you give me the link to your blog?

      I can't do any guest posts right now as I am heading into finals at school, but maybe over the summer I can do that. Thanks for coming by AND GOOD LUCK.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message or a question. I will try to address your questions in a future post instead of on an individual basis. Also feel free to e-mail me, however, your questions will be posted in a future post with an answer. Thanks!